Advertising Compliance Analyst — Social Media
Reverse Mortgage Funding LLC is committed to enhancing the financial plans of older homeowners through financial products structured to supplement income, improve cash flow and preserve assets.
RMF is looking for an Advertising Compliance Analyst – Social Media to work in either one of our NY or NJ offices.
The Advertising Compliance Analyst supports Reverse Mortgage Funding LLC (RMF) in its residential, reverse mortgage origination line of business by strengthening the company’s advertising compliance program, including participation in large scale strategic compliance initiatives and day-to-day advertising compliance support. This role works under the general direction of the compliance counsel, and this person will be a core member of the advertising compliance team in the Legal and Compliance Department. This individual will work closely with the Marketing Department, Sales Departments, and other compliance team members, assisting them with the review of advertising requests to ensure they meet compliance requirements. This individual will be a compliance subject matter expert in social media. The ideal candidate will assist with other advertising compliance initiatives, including monitoring/testing of social media advertising conducted by our Retail, Wholesale and Correspondent lending channels and our non-lending, educational channels and supporting the company’s marketing collateral archive efforts. The role will provide support for other compliance related tasks and initiatives, as needed. This is an opportunity to join a passionate, high-performing team and contribute to strategic marketing and compliance initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Function as subject matter expert for compliance requirements, with an emphasis on social media, applicable to reverse mortgage advertisements.
- Provide advice on compliance requirements for all applicable mortgage advertising federal and state laws and regulations, including, but not limited to: ECOA, FCRA/FACTA, Fair Housing Act, FTC Act, Dodd-Frank Act’s UDAAP, GLBA, RESPA, SAFE Act, TILA, FHA/HUD guidelines, as well as voluntary trade association requirements, such as NRMLA and BBB.
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments that may impact mortgage advertising compliance, including new and revised laws, regulations, enforcement action and other regulatory guidance, analyze their impact on existing practices and policies, and liaise with legal counsel and other subject matter experts to determine appropriate action.
- Communicate impact to key stakeholders and work closely with business line and function managers to implement any required compliance changes.
- Perform periodic compliance testing, including identifying and defining regulatory issues, develop testing criteria, conducting and documenting testing, reviewing and analyzing supporting documents, describing/documenting existing procedures and recommending new processes and control, if applicable.
Desired skills and experience include:
- Knowledge of advertising compliance and residential mortgage originations (reverse mortgage knowledge is preferred, but not necessary).
- Knowledge of federal and state legal and regulatory and FHA/HUD guideline requirements governing advertising of residential mortgages and strong analytical skills.
Proven ability to apply these requirements to business practices and systems, as well as design, implement, test and oversee compliance requirements.
Demonstrated ability to identify compliance requirements and risks and advise business units on implementation and/or risk mitigation strategies.
Excellent organizational, analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with astute attention to detail, strong orientation toward process and effective project management.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as Acrobat, SharePoint and Visio.
Self-starter who can work independently in managing high-volume, tight deadlines and multiple priorities, in a fast-paced environment.
Professional, interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization.
Ability to manage constant, rapid change in a dynamic environment.
Strong sense of accountability and work ethic.
Able to manage high-risk / high-profile projects and professionally handle confidential and sensitive information consistent with company legal and ethical policies.
Ability to multi-task, operate autonomously, and prioritize effectively.
1-2 years of advertising compliance experience.
3 years of mortgage experience or in the financial services industry, with a focus on compliance.
Extended work hours may be required, as dictated by management and business needs.
Travel to multiple locations may be required, but anticipated to be minimal.
Education and Previous Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree. Three (3) years’ experience in the mortgage, banking, or financial service industry preferred but not required.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or equivalent preferred, but not required.
If you are looking for an exciting position with a great company, please send resume with salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reverse Mortgage Funding is an equal opportunity employer.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Producing Manager/Producing Loan OfficersProfessional Mortgage Alliance, LLCOklahomaMar 22
Reverse Mortgage Loan OfficerLive Well FinancialRichmond VA and San Diego CAMar 21
Loan Originators needed for OH, PA, FLSenior Mortgage AdvisorsOhio, United StatesMar 02
REVERSE MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICERReverse Mortgage direct LLC. and RMD of CA Inc.CA,FL,WAFeb 25
Reverse Mortgage OriginatorAmboy BankOld Bridge Township, NJ, United StatesFeb 24